How to clean a charcoal canister by kevin mclain a charcoal filter resides inside of the charcoal filter canister in an automobile the main purpose of the charcoal filter and the charcoal canister is to absorb excess gas fumes from the fuel system and the gas tank while the engine is off the filter inside of the canister acts like a sponge . The way to check charcoal fuel evaporation canister is to try to blow air through it with compressed air and if no air comes out the other fitting then it bad and needs to replaced. Evap canister purge solenoid is a small round or rectangular plastic or steel container mounted somewhere in the vehicle it is usually hidden from view and may be located in a corner of the engine compartment or inside a rear quarter panel the canister is filled with about a pound or two of activated charcoal
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.